Which material of pipes should I use for my Air Compressor System?
Air compressors create the energy used by pneumatic tools and processes throughout your compressed air system. The component that connects
everything together is the piping. It is very important to choose the right compressed air pipe to avoid pressure
loss, rust and other problems. Below are some of the factors which are important in choosing the right compressed air pipe:
1) Air Flow: Each compressor has a different specification. Pick the one which is appropriate to the capacity mentioned in the specification.
2) Distance between compressor and your equipment: This is crucial as the compressed air out of compressor
should reach the equipment without much of a delay or loss.
3) Size: If you can’t decide between two sizes of pipe, always choose the bigger one. Though it will be more
expensive, you will have less pressure drop and lower potential for future problems. This can save you money in the long run.
4) Any other special requirements: It is very important to understand the specific requirements else it might lead to other problems. For an instance, a. if there is oil in your air, some types of plastic piping are not advisable. b. if your air is oil-free, steel piping will lead to rust-problems.
SO, WHAT KIND OF PIPING SHOULD I BUY?
AIRnet, compressed air piping system
AIRnet is a piping solution that guarantees operational excellence for compressed air applications.
Below are the advantages of AIRnet:
1) EASY: With AIRnet there is no need for heavy tools or extra manpower.
TAKE IT EASY • One person can safely handle and install AIRnet. While solid and robust, aluminum AIRnet pipes weigh five times less
than galvanized pipes. • AIRnet is installed with simple tools. No welding, gluing or crimping is required. Welding or lathe machines are a
burden of the past. • AIRnet offers a full scope of materials including pipes, fittings and accessories.
2) FAST: Installing a piping system is no longer time consuming, thanks to AIRnet. READY? SET? DONE! • The
pipes are easy to cut, and the polymer or aluminum fittings ensure a perfect alignment instantly. • AIRnet does not require painting. In
compliance with industrial standards, AIRnet pipes are standard painted for simple network identification. • AIRnet is adaptable to any
existing pipe work. Future extensions can simply be plugged in.
3) RELIABLE: The reliability of AIRnet is not a hollow promise; it is a solid 10-year guarantee. THE RIGHT STUFF • AIRnet consists of aluminum and polymers, highly durable materials suitable for compressed air as well as for vacuum and nitrogen gas. • AIRnet is resistant to corrosion, mechanical shocks, thermal variations and outdoor weather conditions. • The AIRnet leak-resistant connections offer superior sealing.
Key Features - No corrosion, leak resistant - Press fit system ensures fast installation - No welding, no threading: just push & press - It saves you up to 85% on installation time - High Quality Performance The piping in your compressed air system can make or break the profitability of your company. Inefficient or faulty piping can wipe out your profit margin and give your competitors an advantage.
Do you have an idea for our #expertcorner? Let us know!
Who we are and how Ash Air can help your business!
Ash Air has been around in New Zealand since 1979, and we’ve grown into a nationwide company with international support and a reputation for quality and reliability.We look after all things compressed air for your business!
- Reciprocating, Screw, air compressors
- Vacuum pumps
- An extensive line of air treatment components
Ash Air's range of Chicago Pneumatic, Alup, Pneumatech, and Quincy compressors are used extensively around the world in industries ranging from oil and gas to food, automotive and farming, and we bring you these world class compressors here in the land of the long white cloud.Our technicians are compressed air equipment experts and are dedicated to addressing customer needs. Supported by a 13 locations nationwide, Ash Air offers one of the widest selections of compressed air equipment and parts available today in New Zealand.
Reliability and Efficiency
With Ash Air compressors, you can count on reliability and high performance for even the most demanding applications. We focus our efforts on the following:
- Increasing uptime
- Reducing unexpected repairs
- Reducing energy consumption
- Improving the cleanliness of compressed air
Talk to the team today:
Read more from our #expertcorner
There are two types of vacuum pumps: the ‘wet’ kind, which is essentially a hydraulic pump, and the pneumatic, ‘dry’ variety. Read More…