How can I maximise the performance of my compressor?
Air Compressor Maintenance is Key
Maintenance is a key factor to continue the performance of your air compressor. You can also check the environment of your compressor to
make sure it is good and clean. It is important that the environment does not get too hot and confines spaces have ventilation. In some
cases, HVAC must be ducted into the mechanical room, where the compressor is sitting. This will ensure that the compressor does not
Filters and coolers are to be kept clean. It is important to check the air compressor regularly, following the instruction manual. Stay on
top of it all from draining the moisture to servicing the machine accordingly and you will be rewarded with a efficient and reliable
compressor. Anything that is neglected on the air compressor could end up requiring more maintenance in the future, so keep regular
maintenance intervals and follow some key maintenance tips.
Normal wear and tear can result in lower machine efficiency. Preventive maintenance guarantees optimal working conditions and preserves the
life span of the equipment. A planned preventive maintenance may cause small hindrance for production, but that is nothing compared to
actual downtime caused by a breakdown.
Below is a list of common maintenance tips based on the typical intervals we see for these services. Not all may apply to your compressor
type, and your service intervals may be more or less frequent.
• Air Filter– Change the air filter every 1000 hours or as needed. Check weekly and clean to eliminate any dirt and
• Oil Filter – Change every 1000 hours or as desired.
• Lubricant – Check level daily. Change every 4000 to 8000 hours (depending on type) or as required. We recommend synthetic
• Separator Element – Change out when the lubricant is changed.
• Belts – Check weekly for wear and tension. Adjust tension and replace belts as needed.
• Motor Bearings – Grease every 2000 hours or as needed.
• Intake Vents – Check weekly and clean as needed.
It is important to get the right size compressor for your application. If the compressor is under-sized, it will run more, and the demand
will be harder on the equipment. Get the right piece of equipment from the start by giving us a call on 0800 274 247 talk about your
compressor needs or contact us
Who we are and how Ash Air can help your business!
Ash Air has been around in New Zealand since 1979, and we’ve grown into a nationwide company with international support and a
reputation for quality and reliability.We look after all things compressed air for your business!
- Reciprocating, Screw, air compressors
- Vacuum pumps
- An extensive line of air treatment components
Ash Air's range of Chicago Pneumatic, Alup, Pneumatech, and Quincy compressors are used extensively around the world in industries
ranging from oil and gas to food, automotive and farming, and we bring you these world class compressors here in the land of the long white
cloud.Our technicians are compressed air equipment experts and are dedicated to addressing customer needs. Supported by a 13 locations
nationwide, Ash Air offers one of the widest selections of compressed air equipment and parts available today in New Zealand.
Reliability and Efficiency
With Ash Air compressors, you can count on reliability and high performance for even the most demanding applications. We focus our
efforts on the following:
- Increasing uptime
- Reducing unexpected repairs
- Reducing energy consumption
- Improving the cleanliness of compressed air
Talk to the team today:
Read more from our #expertcorner