How to Optimise Compressor Operating Costs
Compressed air plays a fundamental role in industrial activities. Depending on the type of application, the energy cost of producing
compressed air can be very high. Below are some tips to save on you compressor bill.
Optimise costs for the production of compressed air with a few tricks:
- Shut down the system when production is stopped: Large quantities of compressed air will be wasted by leaving the system on. Does your business only work on weekdays? Turn it off in the evenings and on weekends. Just like you turn off the lights when you leave the room, you should turn off the machine when you don't need it. If a system leaks, leaving a compressor running is just wasting energy, air and money.
- Compressed air takes a large amount of energy to compressed the air, and most of that energy is lost in the form of heat. Don't waste it! With a heat recovery system, you can use thermal energy for space heating, heat water for sanitary use or for use in the production process.
- Make sure the machine is running as efficiently as possible and that it is suitable for your application. The variable speed screw compressors allow to adapt the air production to the actual air demand, without waste.
- Make sure you're using only the pressure necessary for your application. High operating pressure leads to higher energy consumption.
- Reducing the operating pressure also affects the leak rate: the higher the pressure, the more air is wasted through small (or worse still, large) leaks. Make sure the pressure is as low as possible for your system and check your system for leaks periodically to keep operating costs as low as possible.
Compressed air is valuable for many industrial processes, but without proper attention and maintenance it can be costly.
Do you have an idea for our #expertcorner? Let
Who we are and how Ash Air can help your business!
Ash Air has been around in New Zealand since 1979, and we’ve grown into a nationwide company with international support and a reputation for quality and reliability.We look after all things compressed air for your business!
- Rotary Screw and Piston Air Compressors
- Vacuum Pumps and Blowers
- Nitrogen Generation
- An extensive line of Air Treatment components
- AIRnet Piping System and Filtration
- Mobile Compressors, Generators, and Light Towers
Ash Air's range of Chicago Pneumatic, ALUP, Pneumatech, and Atlas Copco products are used extensively around the world in industries ranging from oil and gas to food, automotive and farming, and we bring you these world-class compressors here in the land of the long white cloud.Our technicians are compressed air equipment experts and are dedicated to addressing customer needs. Supported with nationwide coverage, Ash Air offers one of the widest selections of compressed air, vacuum pump, and industrial gas equipment and parts available today in New Zealand.
Reliability and Efficiency
With Ash Air, you can count on reliability and high performance for even the most demanding applications. We focus our efforts on the following:
- Increasing uptime
- Reducing unexpected repairs
- Reducing energy consumption and meeting our sustainability goals
- Improving the cleanliness of compressed air
Talk to the team today:
Read more from our #expertcorner
There are two types of vacuum pumps: the ‘wet’ kind, which is essentially a hydraulic pump, and the pneumatic, ‘dry’ variety. Read More…