How often do I have to service my compressor?
You understand the importance of servicing and performing maintenance on your car, why wouldn’t you do the same for your air compressor? Servicing your compressor is important to help avoid downtime and having decreased productivity for preventable reasons.
Below are few tips to keep your compressor running in tip-top shape:
• Replace Filters: between 1000 to 2000 hours, this should be the air, oil and panel (if applicable) filters.
• Replace your oil: Regardless of usage, oil degrades over time and needs to be replaced. Degraded oil CAN cause catastrophic air end failure, which is a very costly repair, much cheaper to just change the oil at least annually (refer to your manual for the exact time).
• Purchasing oil: Purchasing CP oil for your CP machine guarantees your machine is running at it’s best performance and increases the longevity of your air needs.
Other Checklist Items:
- Check condensate drains are functioning properly
- Check drain valves and/or switching valves
- Clean and inspect your machine
Here's an example of the screw compressor maintenance schedule outlined in the manual
Depending on how often you run your compressor will help you understand how often you need to service your machine. If you’re running
your compressor occasionally, then annual
be adequate. If you are running continuously, then quarterly
be needed to ensure you are staying ahead of avoidable issues.
Remember, your manual outlines the recommended service and maintenance schedule to keep your air compressor running at optimal efficiency.
Do you have an idea for our #expertcorner? Let
Who we are and how Ash Air can help your business!
Ash Air has been around in New Zealand since 1979, and we’ve grown into a nationwide company with international support and a reputation for quality and reliability.We look after all things compressed air for your business!
- Reciprocating, Screw, air compressors
- Vacuum pumps
- An extensive line of air treatment components
Ash Air's range of Chicago Pneumatic, Alup, Pneumatech, and Quincy compressors are used extensively around the world in industries ranging from oil and gas to food, automotive and farming, and we bring you these world class compressors here in the land of the long white cloud.Our technicians are compressed air equipment experts and are dedicated to addressing customer needs. Supported by a 13 locations nationwide, Ash Air offers one of the widest selections of compressed air equipment and parts available today in New Zealand.
Reliability and Efficiency
With Ash Air compressors, you can count on reliability and high performance for even the most demanding applications. We focus our efforts on the following:
- Increasing uptime
- Reducing unexpected repairs
- Reducing energy consumption
- Improving the cleanliness of compressed air
Talk to the team today: